Monday, December 22, 2014

Week 24: FELIZ NATAL A TODO O MUNDO E A TODO O MUNDO UMA BOA NOITE!

Hello family and friends! 

Well honestly, I get to talk to you on Christmas, so this email will be a little short. Here are some highlights of the week:

Lehi Sheet Metal Corp. (located in Westboro, Mass.): For all of your gold/brass plate needs!

We really saw a truck that said that. Not the gold/brass plates part, but the Lehi part and it really was from Westboro. We were too slow to take a picture. Sad day.

We got badly rejected yesterday. It was probably the worst rejection I've had yet. Long story short, we were leaving the door of a lady and Sister Lima gave her a He is the Gift card and said "This is a video about Christ and Christmas!" and the lady said "You can have it back. I don't believe in that--" and she cursed at us, then said "I'm Catholic." And she slammed the door. 

So yeah, that was fun. (But I'm pretty sure Catholics believe in Christ and Christmas. I think the lady was just anti-Mormon. Her loss, the gospel is great!)

But we were talking about it for a few minutes after, and Sister Lima made a wonderful point. When we get rejected badly (or at all), we understand a little more of what the Savior felt. There are so many people that rejected and still reject Him, and more that will in the future. Just like that, as missionaries, we experience some of the same things, though not quite on the same level. And whenever we have experiences like that where people essentially make fun of our beliefs, I know that my testimony is strong and that nothing anyone can say will change that. 

And I know that Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer. He is my personal Savior, and He is yours too. At this time of Christmas, I am especially excited to talk to my family and receive gifts and things (thanks mom, dad, G&G O and K, and Santa! And Alyssa soon haha), but I have really enjoyed the opportunity to be a missionary this Christmas. We have shared a lot of really wonderful Christmas messages, all centered around Christ. He IS the Gift, and because of Him we are able to have this wonderful gospel and enjoy the blessings that come from it. 

The Christmas Conference this past week was awesome too! We did a session in the temple, then had lunch at Chipotle (always good), then had a devotional/fireside with President and sister Packard. The musical fireside was amazing--there are some really talented missionaries in our mission who played piano, sang, etc. So good. 

Then the skits. Oh, those were good. Each zone creates one, and Boston west was, well, the best. We did a parody on the He is the Gift video about Wings (West Is Never Gonna Stop). I'll try to get that to you soon, it's really my favorite thing ever. And pictures and packages and friends and Sister Packard rapping. It was a really great day.

Also, we went to Chick-fil-a. They have one in Westboro. It was glorious. 

I love you all! Sorry this letter was short, but I'll talk to you on Christmas. :) 

Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful week! Read 3 Nephi 1 and Alma 7:10-13. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment