Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 32: Some are Cold, but Few are Frozen.



President Packard said that at the end of a WebEx on Saturday. Gotta love him.

Well, it's been the same ole thing here in the MBM. Lots. Of. Snow. Don't believe me? I'll show you...





Monday we were snowed in. That's why we wrote on Tuesday.

Tuesday we shoveled a path for a man named Joe. He always asks us to shovel after every storm, so I think we've been there 5 or 6 times now. He's not a member, but isn't interested. But our bishop asked us to go shovel for him, so we shovel! We also had dinner at a member's house, then we tried our best to help dig out a guy who had crashed his car into a HUGE pile of snow. I mean HUGE. It's a story that doesn't matter as to why he got there (we think maybe he was drunk....), but we drove past and Sister Lima suggested that we help him. We tried our best, but he was really stuck. His dad came and they called AAA (we went home before the car got out but after we invited them to learn more--which they didn't accept), and the next day when we drove by the car wasn't there, so woohoo! They offered us $20, but we refused. I have to say, that was kind of fun to refuse the money, haha.

Wednesday was good. We saw Joame and Gabbi and talked more about the Word of Wisdom. Joame isn't so sure about giving up coffee--she says it's too much on top of the other changes the gospel requires. We tried to help her understand, but we didn't get very far. We're going to try to go back and talk more about the Restoration just as a refresher. I love Joame so much and I know how much she does want to do good, but there are some things in her life that are really holding her back... but we'll keep trying! That night after a dinner with another member, we helped with Mutual! You know I love YW and YM. We helped the Priests (meaning just the YM President....) put together a mutual activity about the BoM, and we introduced the BoM and why it is so important in the work. (I'll talk more about that later!) I loved helping at mutual. But Sister Lima had a migraine, so we couldn't help too much more. But we were able to talk with the Activity Days girls about missions and they were so cute about it! I love them too. :)

Speaking of Activity Day girls, let me tell you a story about an 8 year old named Celeste. I love Celeste. We were at her family's house about 2 1/2 weeks ago for dinner (the Merediths. I love them. So. Much.), and since we had had splits earlier, Sister Lima had been at their house helping finish dinner (which was given to a woman who just had a baby). Then we got back together and had dinner at their house. Got it so far? So then we're eating dinner with them and Celeste says "So has anyone besides my family and Sister Lima noticed that I got my hair cut?" We all thought for a moment and I said "... do you mean me? I'm the only one here not your family or sister lima.... but I noticed! I did!" And we laughed for a while. Maybe that wasn't so funny here but at the time it totally was.

Hahaha I love Celeste.

Thursday! Hahahahahahahahahahahhah nothing happened today. Just kidding, we did weekly planning and stuff and then we had dinner with the Pitcavages again! And we rushed to Framingham to see Maria and her less active son, which went well but we were home a little late, whoops.

Friday.... okay for real everything we tried to do today didn't happen. We had district meeting, where Elder Rivera gave an AWESOME training about the BoM (more later!!) but after that we did stop-bys for days and that's it. It was good though! We set some appointments for later.

Valentine's Day <3
After correlation and English Class (where one guy came.), we went with Sister Meredith to the temple to see the sealing of the Thatavarti family! Oh, that was so cool. What better way to spend my one mission Valentine's Day than in the temple watching a sealing? A lot of people from the ward were there to support them, so that was really neat. PS the Boston Temple is totally in my top 3 temples of where I want to get married, just so you knowww.
Anyways, as we were driving home it started to snow a lot so Sis Meredith just drove us home and we stayed there. We watched "Legacy", classic. Good for Valentine's Day too. And we played Uno and wrote in our journals and went to bed. And that was that!

Also, THANK YOU family for the cards and candy! That was so nice. Jared, please try just a little harder to glue something nicely for when you have a girlfriend or something. Thank you. But I really loved all of the cards, and Sister Lima did too. You're the best :)

Sunday! We were snowed in and we played Uno and ate food and read the Book of Mormon and we didn't have church, but we were able to have a little Sacrament Meeting in the Elders' garage. That was really great. I love the Priesthood and I'm so grateful for all of the blessings I've received from it. We each bore our testimonies and it was really nice :)

One other thing--go listen to/read Elder Holland's talk "Cast not Away Therefore Thy Confidence". I think that it's a BYU devotional. SO GOOD. It was a really good reminder for me as I listened to it.

Also, I read all of "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" and it's AWESOME. I know for sure that we have it at home because Dad tells me things he reads in it sometimes. The rest of you at home, read it. It's a quick read, and it will change how you think about missionary work! I challenge you to pick one strategy Pres. Clayton uses in the book and use it to share the gospel better in your life.

Then.

The Book of Mormon. Can I just say how much I love that book? If it hasn't changed your life, read it. Then it will. I know that it is true. I know that it is the word of God and that anyone can and will come closer to God and Christ by reading it. President Packard says that you will never run out of things to learn--you will read the Book of Mormon over and over again throughout your life and you will never find all of its riches. Elder Rivera said in his training this week "Lose yourself in the Book of Mormon". Please do read the Book of Mormon every single day. It will change your life. I know it has changed mine, not quickly, but rather slowly, throughout my whole life. I can't deny it and I won't. I love it, and I'm trying to increase my testimony of it so that I can better help others learn from it. You can never have a testimony of anything (especially the Book of Mormon) that is strong enough.

I love you all so much and hope that you have a good week! Luckily, we are cold, but we are not frozen. Yet. More snow is on the way.... enjoy whatever weather you have, whether warm or cold! Haha :) I love you all!

P.S. transfers are next week, so we'll find out the changes this Friday. We think some crazy things will happen this transfer......

No comments:

Post a Comment