Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Week 33: Bad News, Good News

Bad News: Sister Lima is getting transferred to Lowell :( Transfer Meeting is on Wednesday, so we'll be companions until then! I'll miss her a lot. Sometimes I didn't realize how much I love her, but we have really had such a wonderful time serving together :)
Good News: I'm getting Sister Cruz as a companion! She's awesome, and I know that we're going to have fun. She was Sister Lima's MTC companion and she's also Brazilian. I'll probably always have Brazilian companions.

Bad News: Sister Nielson, my STL is going home. I love her.
Good News: Sister Asay is coming to Weston and will be my new STL!!!! This, this is what our days together in preschool have prepared us for. :)

Bad News: I..... am red dotted for the rest of my mission (because of that accident).
Good News: Sister Cruz drives! Andddd...... I'll drive when I get home! In 9 months.... I'm sorry, there's not a ton of good news to combat that one. They just barely received a letter that restricts my driving privileges until I go home. I really don't think that that actually will affect my driving record at all, just for when I'm on the mission. But maybe if you want to check on that Dad that would be good.....

Bad News: we... saw 0 investigators this week. It's been a bit of a rough time. 
Good News: We had 13 member lessons! So we did do stuff, I promise. :)

Bad News: I did not actually send you that package last week.
Good News: I did today!

Um. 

Today's email is going to be really short, and I apologize for that.

So yes, Sister Lima is getting transferred. I'll stay here with Sister Cruz! The Spanish elders are both leaving, so we'll have Elder Tuckett, who will shotgun train here. It's going to be a good transfer, I can tell. At the end of the transfer is General Conference already! Can you believe that?? Time flies. 

I just really love the members here. I've got a picture of most of the Meredith family that I'll put on dropbox soon! I love that family so so so much. And Sis. Meredith's mom, Sandy Ray, might have been the nurse on duty when I was born at Payson hospital. So cool. All of the members here are really amazing though. There's a family who has 2 paralyzed sons, and Brother Nixon just told us the whole story yesterday. Wow. That's a story for another day. :) And we are so well taken care of here! So even though this email is short, know that we're doing well :)


Mostly the struggle we're having right now is finding new investigators. We have amazing members and we're trying to work hard and smart, but we just are still missing something. I think having sister Cruz come might help. Let's hope for a better week for investigators!

Oh yeah, and we had interviews last Tuesday! President Packard is just the coolest. Also, he had us chase him around the highway (in a car) on Saturday night to grab some fliers for a fireside this next Sunday, and he was wearing a sweatshirt! Not something we normally see, haha. He's an amazing mission president, and it will be sad to see him go in July, but I'm excited to see what happens with the new one, President Miller!

I love you all and hope that you have a good week. We're probably going to be free of snow this week, which is good, but it just stays cold here! We're having a good time and boy oh boy do I love my mission and my Savior Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment