Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 69: Replay!

Well my friends, I joked about this for a long time, but the day has actually finally come. We got t-texts on Friday, and much to my (and your, I'm sure) surprise, I am going.....


Sorry for the awkward selfie in the Apple Store. It's just easier this way. Also, shoutout to the Spanish CTR ring I got on Friday! Woohoo!

But it's true. I am being transferred back to Brockton!! It's so weird and I was at first really upset that I had to pack and move and do all of this again after only one transfer in Boston, but now I have really felt that the Lord had a purpose for me to be here in Boston, and I must have done it. He also has a purpose for me to be in Brockton for my last 6 weeks. 


Let's think about this too for a second--I am getting transferred BACK TO MY FIRST AREA! I WILL DIE THERE! How crazy is that?? I have the amazing and coveted opportunity to end my mission in the same place that I started. I left Brockton 11 months ago, and I will have another month and a half. It's so cool because I kind of already know most of the people there, and I'll be able to work with my recent converts, Fabiana and Laura again! But it will be so different too. When I was there a year ago, we had the Millers (a senior couple), Brockton was a branch, and there were 8 Portuguese missionaries there. Now there is no senior couple, it is the Brockton WARD, and there are just 4 missionaries--us sisters and one set of elders. My new companion will be Sister Bronovski, which works perfectly because we have this plan to all go to BYU and she was the last one I wasn't companions with in that future room. Haha the Lord has a sense of humor too, that's for sure!


Anyways, after we got that news, we were really surprised, but I started packing and I'm pretty close to done. I also want all of you to know that I weighed my biggest suitcase that has most of my clothes and shoes in it, and it weighs 47 pounds. I will survive the airplane!! 

Ah. So that was the biggest news from the week. I'll try to make the rest of the email slightly more exciting haha.

Monday we carved pumpkins with the zone and later went up to Harvard to show Sister Marques' sister around a bit, then we had a dinner up there. To end the night, we went to Mike's Pastry with the members Liana Marques is staying with. Gotta love those cannolis! Hey, and I know a secret about the restaurant--go to the one in Harvard Square, not the one in North End. It's not crowded at all! Now you know. When we all come back to visit Boston I'll show you around.

Haha anyways, Tuesday was good. WE did some missionary work. We sang "the Wise Man and the Foolish Man". We ate food at the Walshes house. A pretty average day.

Wednesday was so sad. Hahaha it rained ALL DAY LONG. I want you all to pray extra hard for the missionaries in walking areas when it rains, because let me tell you, it's pretty miserable. A raincoat only covers you so much. I was wearing my glasses that day too, and I couldn't see... to top it off, we literally tried to see 6 or 7 people, and NO ONE answered the door. Haha we had 5 lessons planned for the day but we only ended up with 2 and some wet clothes. It's okay though, it makes for good memories! Oh, we also took pictures that day from the Cape Verdean Center where we do service. We all thought Sister Marques was leaving, so that's why she's in the pictures. But actually I'm getting transferred, and so is Elder Garrido, but we knew that already. 

Wednesday was a low. But it was still pretty funny. 

Thursday was EXCITING. Guys, it was really so exciting. Sister Marques had an appointment in Marlborough (remember that place???) for her back, so we borrowed the Cambridge Elders' car and drove out there! I LOVE THAT PLACE SO MUCH. It is gorgeous in the fall, by the way. We also took a pit stop there to buy a LOT of Brazilian food for us and our elders. We are officially the best sisters ever. That's just what happens when you bring Brazilians good food--they will love you forever. Then we planned haha.

Friday we got the t-texts after a good district meeting and an awesome lunch provided by the senior missionaries here! We have some good pictures from that too. That night was the Halloween party for the ward, and our group just kind of joined in. It was pretty cool, but it was kind of weird because I don't know hardly anyone in the English ward, so I knew maybe 10 people total there. But there was delicious chili and cookies, so you survive. :)

Saturday was a little sad too hahaha. We were on buses for literally 3 hours to try to finally get home after trying to visit people with this sweet old member, Nanda. We didn't see anyone, but we did do a lot of waiting. But it's okay, because I know that you need to pay attention to which way the bus goes before you get on it! That night they wanted us home by 6 (Halloween really does get CRAZY here. I was getting a little nervous when we were walking home at6:20...), so we took the time that night to pack and make some Maple Bacon cookies. Delicious.

And church on Sunday! It was pretty good and pretty dramatic. Welcome to Cape Verdeans. I love this little group though. It was so sad to tell everyone that it was already my last Sunday there. After church (and now through Wednesday afternoon) we started visiting people--and all of them are feeding us now. It's not a pretty experience when you have to eat the same food for your second Cape Verdean dinner. Haha but these people are so kind and generous, they just want us to know that they love us, and that's why they give us so much food. We don't serve in the Haitian program though, so we're still pretty safe.

And we have arrived at my last pday in Boston. We will go to the Prudential (the tall tower with a restaurant on top) with our zone! It's going to be a good day. :)

It has been one interesting week here in Boston, Mass, but I love it anyways. I am reminded daily now how much I love being a missionary and how much I have changed since being here. I think when I come home I will be so different. But as I go into my last 6 weeks, I am really trying to make it the best transfer ever! I am now really excited to be going back to Brockton and to work with Sister Bronovski. I kind of know her, but I think we are going to have a lot of fun together :) 

Here's a spiritual thought for the week:

Hellman 6:37 says "And it came to pass that the Lamanites did hunt the band of robbers of Gadianton; and they did preach the word of God among the more wicked part of them, insomuch that this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites." I cross-referenced that scripture to Alma 31:5 (go look that one up!). Basically, the word of God is so powerful that it was used to destroy the Gadianton Robbers--because when people become truly converted to the gospel, they change, and wickedness is rooted out of them!

The gospel truly changes us and brings us so much closer to God and Jesus Christ, and it brings us so much happiness that perhaps we would not otherwise receive. I love being able to apply the gospel to my life every day, and I am so grateful for how I have changed because of it! I hope to continue to change to be better every day :)

I love you all! Wish me luck in my last transfer. Have a great week, enjoy this time before Thanksgiving. Sorry Mom, we've already been listening to Christmas music all through October, and I'm not about to stop now. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment